Are you Called to Serve?
For as in one body we have many members and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another. Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them:
If you are answering the call or have some questions as to what you are being called to do, please take some time and look through the information below to find out more information about the different positions.
COMPOSITION OF A LOCAL PWOC BOARD
The composition of the board is based on the needs of the local installation. A full board is composed of selected officers (Executive Board) and appointed ministry team leaders.
The selected officers, who make up the Executive Board, may include the following: President, 1st Vice President-Spiritual Life, 2nd Vice President-Programs, Administrative Coordinator and Financial Liaison.
The typical ministry team leaders at Fort Belvoir may include the following (listed in alphabetical order): Historian, Hospitality, Leadership Selection, Newcomers, Outreach/In reach, Participation, Praise and Worship, Prayer, Publicity, Retreat, Titus II Advisor(s), Leadership Training Coordinator, Watchcare/Nursery Liaison, Webmaster and any other deemed necessary by the President and the Board. (Some of these have position descriptions in the Women's Ministry Manual).
When a local PWOC cannot fill all of the above positions, the first three positions they should fill are President, Administrative Coordinator and Spiritual Life. The board can then assign the tasks that they deem necessary from other positions to the appropriate officer.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ALL BOARD MEMBERS
- Confesses Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior
- Is devoted to God, dependent on Jesus Christ and led by the Holy Spirit
- Has an understanding of and appreciation for the diversity of PWOC
- Is active in a local PWOC
- Is certain of her husband's affirmation and support for her PWOC service, if married
QUALIFICATIONS SPECIFIC TO SELECTED BOARD OFFICERS
- Is the wife of an active duty service member in any U.S. military component or is a female serving on active duty in any U.S. military component
- Is active in Protestant military chapel (“active” is defined by the local PWOC Chaplain.)
Note: The appointed local PWOC Chaplain oversees and guides the local PWOC Board and is the authority for the local PWOC, having final decision-making authority over all activities, including selection of the new Executive Board.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTIONS OF SELECTED POSITIONS
President: Models servant leadership; leads the board and the local PWOC body to seek and do the will of God, personally and corporately. Acts as the official representative for PWOC on the installation.
1st Vice President - Spiritual Life: Prayerfully selects Bible studies and Bible study leaders; trains, equips and encourages the Bible study leaders.
2nd Vice President - Programs: Plans and executes programs in line with a yearly theme for the spiritual growth and enrichment of local PWOC participants and their guests.
Administrative Coordinator: Coordinates communication within and for the Local PWOC community; coordinates all arrangements for board meetings and other board events (such as the board retreat) under the guidance and direction of the president.
Financial Liaison: Coordinates financial transactions for the local PWOC in accordance with local regulations under the guidance of the person who manages the Chapel Fund.
2020 - 2021 BOARD SELECTION PROCESS
- Pray about where God would use you this year in PWOC.
- If appropriate, discuss the time commitment with your husband.
- Fill out the form linked below which will be sent to the Leadership Selection Committee Chair.
- Be willing to meet virtually with the Leadership Selection Committee to discuss your involvement.