What about kids?
(Childcare opens at 9:30am and is first come first serve)
· General Rules
- Parents must be attending a chapel function to use WatchCare
- Only children 6wks – 11yrs old may attend WatchCare. (Unless prior arrangements are made for older children and posted by program leaders)
- No person is allowed in the WatchCare rooms except children who have been signed in by the parent or legal guardian of that child.
- Due to security requirements parent are not permitted to stay in the room with their child for more than 5 minutes
- A parent or legal guardian 18 yrs of age or older must sign child in and out. Parent must write a note authorizing someone else to pick up the child at the time of drop off.
- All information on sign in sheet must be completed
- All items need to be labeled with the child’s name (cups, diaper bags etc)
- A caregiver 18 yrs or older may sign in a child only with a note from the parent or legal guardian stating the child is in their care and that the child may attend WatchCare. (Notes may be kept on file if the child will be returning with the caregiver in the future)
- Children must be signed into age appropriate room during large events
- No outside toys. Please.
- Any child who had diarrhea, rashes, coughs, non-clear runny nose, yellow/green gooey eyes, fever or vomited within the last 24 hours may not be left in any WatchCare room. (Child will be returned to parent if any of these symptoms are noticed after drop-off)
· Diapering/Potty training
- All children must be dropped off in a clean diaper.
- Please provide diapers, wipes and a set of clean clothes that are weather appropriate.
- If you are potty training, please let Watch Care providers know.
- Please make sure that children have gone to the bathroom before being dropped off to the care providers as they have a lot going on when children are dropped off.
- All potty training children must be in some sort of training pants,(pull-ups) not diapers, and have an extra set of clothes.
- Providers will return the child to the parent if the child has been crying for 15 minutes. The child may return to Watch Care after calming down, but if child gets upset again and can’t be placated by providers after another 15 minutes the child must leave for the day.
- Hitting, kicking, or biting of another child or staff member will not be tolerated. The child will be returned to the parent immediately and not allowed to return for that day.
- Please provide labeled snacks and a drink for any service lasting more than one hour.
- Children must be fed prior to entering Watch Care. (only one small age appropriate snack is provided during services 2 hrs or longer)
- If services are having a long event that is during a meal time, parents must bring child a sack lunch/dinner or they will be returned to you during the period that all other children are eating their meal.
- No peanuts. This is to include almonds, peanut butter, peanut butter granola bars peanut butter filled crackers.
The Homeschool Room
For our homeschooled students aged 12 & up: We would love to be able to provide a service to our families who homeschool and would like to attend PWOC. If you are interested, we need a small team of moms who are willing to get a military-issued background check to serve alongside a generous volunteer who has already stepped forward to serve weekly. With a team of 4 moms, each mom would only serve about once per month during PWOC. If you can help, please contact us at the email below!